Music is the art of organising sounds and silence, expressing intellectual, emotional and spiritual aspects of human experience.
Music is an art form that can be combined with other forms, and is often enhanced by technology. It can communicate a broad range of historical, cultural and socioeconomic ideas and issues. Music has the power to unite groups and to mobilise community involvement for the improvement of quality of life, social healing, and affirmation of human dignity.Read more
Grade 10-12 Music learners will develop:
- technical control over one or more music instrument(s) or the voice;
- performance skills by way of performing a wide variety of musical works, in solo and group (ensemble) context, ranging from Western art music and jazz to indigenous African music (IAM);
- ability to read music notation(s);
- creativity through improvisation and working with own music ideas;
- understanding of existing works of music with regard to compositional techniques used, application of musical elements in existing musical works and placing these in a specific historical and cultural context;
- awareness of various musical traditions; and
- appreciation for various styles of music.
Information obtained from education.gov.za
The LGAA Quartet scored 90% at the Aliwal Eisteddfod. The following singers also performed very well: LGAA Snr. Choir 94%, A++ LGAA Quartet 90% , A++ Thandaza Silwane 85% , A+ Mampho Letsie 85%, A+ Chiamaka Mapheele 85%, A+ Limakatso Lebaka 80% , A Simthandile Jantjie 82%, A Lindsye Cock 81%, A Kwezikazi Mfithi 84%, A Ryan Thopmson 83%, A Sikho Kalashe 78%, B Sibahle Mletshe 76%, B […]
Die gr. 4 tot 6 koor het 82% behaal op die Aliwal Eisteddfod. Die senior koor het 94% behaal.
Die volgende instrumentaliste het van 23-25 Augustus 2016 aan die Aliwal Eisteddfod deelgeneem en baie goed gevaar: Klaviere: Gibson Guo 2 x 90% Simangaliso Ngangca, 85% Alex Chen, 88% en 90% Avril Theron, 92% Naledi Maponopono, 93% Lesedi OldJohn, 90% Senkosi Sgulugulu, 88% Thabelang Motemekoane, 95% Kamelo Mapanopono, 90% Tracy Cock, 80% Dana Mosca, 80% Tracy en Dana […]
Die volgende klavierleerlinge van die Lady Grey Kunste-Akademie het op 16 Augustus 2016 aan die Queenstown Eisteddfod deelgeneem: Gibson het goud behaal en die res almal silwer: Gibson Guo, 82% Tracy Cock, 79% Dana Mosca, 78% Alex Chen, 76% Katleho London, 75% Tracy en Dana duet, 76%
LGAA’s 2015 Year-end Function will be held on 30 October 2015 in the school hall. R150 per person includes a four course dinner and you can bring your own drinks. Please phone the school office to make a booking. The Showcase event starts at 19:00 and will include highlights of some of the Academy’s best performances/productions […]