Dance Studies has both a theoretical and a practical component. Learners acquire specific dance capabilities to create, express and communicate through dance.
Dance Studies contributes to an appreciation of dance and an understanding of professional practice. This enables learners to pursue dancing and dance-related careers in the performing arts, entertainment, education, fitness and leisure industries.Read more
Dance Studies aims to:
- develop the body as an instrument of expression;
- promote safe dance practices;
- develop learners’ dance technique, style, form and performance capabilities in a chosen dance form;
- expose learners to dances of different cultures;
- develop improvisation and problem-solving skills;
- enable learners to create, produce and present their own choreographies;
- develop the ability to analyse critically, respond, enjoy and make discerning judgements about dance; and
- develop the ability to engage with social, cultural, environmental and community issues through dance.
Information obtained from education.gov.za