Dance Studies has both a theoretical and a practical component. Learners acquire specific dance capabilities to create, express and communicate through dance.
Dance Studies contributes to an appreciation of dance and an understanding of professional practice. This enables learners to pursue dancing and dance-related careers in the performing arts, entertainment, education, fitness and leisure industries.
Dance Studies aims to:
- develop the body as an instrument of expression;
- promote safe dance practices;
- develop learners’ dance technique, style, form and performance capabilities in a chosen dance form;
- expose learners to dances of different cultures;
- develop improvisation and problem-solving skills;
- enable learners to create, produce and present their own choreographies;
- develop the ability to analyse critically, respond, enjoy and make discerning judgements about dance; and
- develop the ability to engage with social, cultural, environmental and community issues through dance.
Information obtained from education.gov.za
LGAA’s 2015 Year-end Function will be held on 30 October 2015 in the school hall. R150 per person includes a four course dinner and you can bring your own drinks. Please phone the school office to make a booking. The Showcase event starts at 19:00 and will include highlights of some of the Academy’s best performances/productions […]
Caleb Heynes and Andiswa Mbolekwa from LGAA were awarded 2nd and 3rd prizes respectively in the 2015 ACT | DALRO | Nedbank Performing Arts Scholarships Awards. The final round took place in the iconic Market Theatre in Johannesburg on Monday night, 12 October, in front of a live audience. The finalists had to sing, dance and […]
LGAA students through to final round Six of the Lady Grey Arts Academy students participated in the Triple Factor Competition that was held in Bloemfontein on 10 April 2015. This competition is organised and hosted by Prophetezz Productions in combination with the UFS Institute for Reconciliation and Social Justice. This competition is held to promote […]